Sunday, June 20, 2010

2nd Wedding Dress prep

I have started production on my second wedding dress now, it involves multiple stips of fabric (inspired more accurately by the original paper streamer aesthetic) which are laced together with a basic shape that goes around the neck and down the body.

Here is an image of creating the shape for the base which will have the strips laced onto it:
Photobucket

I have decided to use pleated satin strips of fabric to wrap around the body which will have rivets attached. The only satin I could find that I thought would be appropriate was quite bright-white so I am attempting to dye the fabric with tea, to take the edge off. I have also dyed the string which I am going to use to lace it all together to match the base::
Photobucket
Photobucket

Also have been researching embelishments, this image is particuarly interesting, I am considering doing beading on the second wedding dress:
Photobucket

The middle image reminds me of the tulle gathering I have done on the second wedding dress:
Photobucket

It is Givenchy Resort 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment