Sunday, May 16, 2010

Autumn Leaves experiment

Investigating autumn leaves as a random natural object to test its possibilities as a 'garment' if applied to the body.

I decided it didn't according to my rules of what a garment should be.

So then I cut out the shapes of the leaves into calico and stitched them together in a random order, quite like the arrangement of the autumn leaves, and created a piece of cloth that when applied to the body became a garment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In terms of taking this experiment to the next level I don't think its really very interesting, both intellectually and aesthetically. There are other experiments of natural objects that I have found more interesting in an aesthetic level which is what I'm interested in following ALTHOUGH I was thinking that if I dyed this experiment a different color it may be perceived as more either autumn leave-y or more like a garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment